Wednesday, November 10

in my head today


"13" by jennifer murphy

you cannot fall
in love with a man
who has HIV
she said
you cannot fall
you cannot fall
you cannot fall
in love
and statistics
and statistics say
he is doomed
but
he has been positive
13 years
he is 32
he is covered in tattoos
and when he moves
he looks
like a living painting
he looks
like a chunk of the Sistine Chapel
he burns like shrapnel
through threads of my skin
and HIV and HIV is
fatal
and so is cancer and I
am in remission and it
could come back
and kill me
and life
is also fatal and you
could be hit by a taxi
or my fist
flying across this
heap of vegetables
and he could be alive
for another
13
years

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you...
i hope all is well...
well, at least tolerable...
<3
~libby

smile on the outside

November 10, 2004 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Carnival said...

Hi, I was surfing the internet and here I am at your blog. I'm quite impressed , with how you have put it all together.

I'll be coming back again.

Cheers,

Arctic Monkeys singles

April 5, 2006 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home