Thursday, September 30


The truth of the matter is I'm not that strange.

People glare at me and acquaintances hug me to check for bones. They aren't disgusted; and if they are, it's only digusted at themselves for being jealous.

This isn't arrogance. This isn't weird anorectic thought processes. This is truth.

I try to hide going on nothing, but it's rough and they are jealous of that, too. I know they watch me drink diet dr peppers like water and curl up against someone, too tired to move.

They want what they think I have. Control. Thin. Social standing. A body I'm dying for. They think if they had my will-power they could stop before it got this bad.

The truth is they don't know anything. They have no idea how lucky they are to have a body that cooperates, that works like it should. A body that knows how to digest food and build muscle and fuel the brain. Don't fuck it up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all take for granted simple processes of the body. i love listening to other people play... but can't 'digest' the notes myself because my hands and wrists don't do that. it sucks. and i'm sorry. :-/
~libby
smile on the outside

September 30, 2004 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home