Tuesday, May 18

Your Generic "About" Post


The Weblog Review has this thing about "about" posts, and though I've made it a habit of never really bothering to tell anyone who I am anytime I write something on here (most of the time even when I talk to people), I guess I'll have to break down and write something that tells you who I am.

All right. Here we go.

Name? James (Jamison, the occassional hated Jamie), JD, Julian (Jules), Nick (Nicholas, Nikolai), Zeke, Ezra, Whit...I know I missed some but I can't think of the others right now. If you want to be simple, just go with James.

Age? Nick White, 21. Nick Black, 30. Julian, 17. (Catch the allusion and you get a gold star.)

Hobbies? Horses, books, Marlboro Reds in a box.

Favorite books? Ender's Game (and series -- actually my favorite is Xenocide), anything by Palahniuk except Lullaby.

Favorite play? "Batboy" (Lawrence O'Keefe did the music; I don't recall the others who wrote the script)

Favorite movie? "The Emporer's New Groove," "Fight Club," "Holes," "Dead Poet's Society," and yeah, I might've jumped on the "Pirates" bandwagon...

Occupation? Nick Black & Julian breed horses. Nick White manages a boarding stable.

Major malfunction? Afore-mentioned Marlboro Reds in a box (blame Toby!). Anorexia nervosa, type II (bulimarexic), chronic depression, hypothyroidism.

Sexual orientation? A resounding, "None of your fucking business" (but Julian might say it a little nicer, and Mr. Black's got kids around so maybe he'd skip out on the cursing as well). It's not so much that it's none of your business, but more like I (we? what?) believe in the Kinsey scale...except I'm not so good with numbers.

Education? The Nicks dropped out of high school. Julian's homeschooled and going to a junior college next year.

What exactly is this blog about? Nothing. And sex.

What does the name mean? ILY -- home sign meaning, "I love you." My favorite part of "I Am Sam" is when he's saying to his daughter, "I love you I love you I love you, like the song."

What the fuck is a home sign? Referring to sign language, home signs are kind of like the dialect of a certain family/group of friends, signs that these people make up and are only understood between them. Usually used for names.

Uh...sign language? Nick White is profoundly deaf; Julian is hearing impaired.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to put here? Leave me a comment, I guess, and I'll add it in. Blech.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ana C. said...

I find it strangely comforting to empathize with a male bulimarexic. It is rare to find them.

I've also had chronic depression, you're not alone. I hope things get better for you.

June 19, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home