Wednesday, May 26


While the lovely Jen is confident enough again to wear tucked-in tshirts (no comment), I'm back in hiding.

Hello sweatshirts, long-sleeved shirts, just big t-shirts, and lots and lots of layers. Don't forget about the part where I'm really, really careful not to stretch or move in a way that would reveal more than I want to (ribs, anyone?).

It's one thing to be chilly in an air-conditioned house, it's another to wrap myself in blankets in the 90+ degree barn or lay out in the sun in jeans and a sweatshirt and pray the warmth will make it through the first layer of skin without being swallowed by the cold.

He still says nothing, but he's started to take me out to eat again, and during the day he's always cooking up something, running for cigarettes and "do you want a candy bar?" or "maybe you should start drinking Ensures again."

Drip-drop, drip-drop, I'm only happy when it rains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home